Kindergarten Registration for Eastwood Elementary School
Children who will be five (5) years old by September 30, 2016 are eligible to start Kindergarten. Registration for Eastwood Elementary School’s 2016 – 2017 Kindergarten starts February 1, 2016. Eligible families can pick up registration packets at Eastwood School Office between 9:30 AM and 4:00 PM or the Board of Education Office. You may also go to Oberlin City School’s Home Page – Parental Resources – Kindergarten Registration to find the forms needed for registering your child for Kindergarten.
The following forms need to be completed:
1. Student Registration form (pink)
2. Physician Assessment Form (green – for the dr. to complete)
3. Ohio Health History Form (green – for parent/guardian to complete)
4. Oath of Residency Form plus 3 current items to prove residency (To be completed and submitted to the Board Office after August 1, 2016).
5. Emergency Contact Card
In order to complete registration, you will need to bring:
1. Your child’s birth certificate
2. Your child’s immunization record
3. Custody paper/Court issued Guardianship documents, if applicable
ALL parts of the registration packet must be completed before your child can be registered. We ask that all families register by May 20, 2016 in order for your child to participate in Kindergarten Screening scheduled for May 27, 2016. You may sign up for screening when you pick up a registration packet/register your child or you may call the Eastwood Office at 440-775-3473. Eastwood will be open on two Saturdays, February 13 and March 12, to accept registration materials from 10:00 am until noon.
If you have a child whose birthday falls between October 1st and December 1st of this year and you are interested in having your child assessed for early entrance to kindergarten you must indicate your interest in writing to the principal of Eastwood School before April 30, 2016. Please call the principal, Ms. Alig, for more information.
All new kindergarten students and their families are invited to Kindergarten Orientation on April 14, 2016 from 6:00 to 7:00 pm. The secretary will be there to collect registration materials.
DISTRICT NEWS >